Shaw/Howard, Washington DC
Structure: Full time, in-office position
Compensation: Pay and benefits commensurate with experience and education
Prime Settlement is boutique real estate title company located in the Shaw/Howard University area of Northwest Washington DC. 2017 was a big year for us and we’re now in need of a new full time Senior Settlement Processor.
The job requires a lot of attention to detail, multitasking, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Preference to someone who can also be client-facing, warm, and attentive to client needs.
This position offers the opportunity for a motivated candidate to take on managerial responsibilities and grow with the company as we continue to expand in the bustling DC real estate market.
Prime Settlement offers a comfortable and friendly work environment in the WeWork Wonderbread Factory. Benefits of this location include unlimited cold and hot coffee & tea, craft beer on tap, and fresh fruit water every day. While a desk will be provided, employees have the freedom to work anywhere else in the building. Other social activities (happy hours, workshops, wellness classes, etc) are also regular offerings of the WeWork co-work community.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education. Prime’s benefits include health insurance, vacation leave, and sick leave. We are also willing to train the right candidate to become licensed to conduct settlements.
- Review title binder, Hud-1, and closing documents
- Resolve and clear title issues
- Assist with junior processing staff duties when needed
- Prepare disbursements for review/authorization [Preferred experienced but willing to train]
- Provide settlement quotes
- Assist with administrative duties & daily running of the office
- Being available to work from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. from Monday through Friday
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- MD Producers Title License Preferred – we are willing to help obtain the license.
- Knowledge/experience with the SoftPro Software platform preferred, but we are happy to train
- Background check required to conform with underwriting guidelines
- Willing to commute Shaw/Howard University area and work in a cowork community
- Minimum 3 years processing experience in the title industry
- Exemplary personal references
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required (some disbursement experience is ideal)